The Account and the Cashless Debit Card are issued by Indue in connection with the Cashless Debit Card program, an initiative of the Australian Government. For further information about the program, please refer to the Department of Social Services.
The Account has restrictions in place to prevent your Cashless Debit Card from being used to purchase alcohol, participate in gambling activities and withdraw cash.
If you do try to buy alcohol or participate in gambling activities with your card, your transaction will be declined. You cannot use your Cashless Debit Card to withdraw cash from any ATMs or via “cash out” using any point-of-sale terminal.
Using your Card
- To use your Cashless Debit Card to make a purchase at a point-of-sale terminal, you must insert your Cashless Card into the device and press “SAV” or “Savings” or “CHQ” or “Cheque” or “CR” or “Credit”. Then follow the prompts to enter your PIN.
- Note: If you select “SAV” or “Savings” or “CHQ” or “Cheque” and your card does not have an eftpos logo, the transaction may be declined.
How do I activate my Cashless Debit Card?
- Sign the back of your Cashless Debit Card immediately with a ballpoint pen.
- Activate your card using Card ID and Activation Code (included in the letter attached to your card.)
- To activate your card, you can do the following:
- For a new card, click here and proceed by entering your Card ID and Activation Code included in the letter attached to your card.
- For a replacement card, click here and login. Click the Activate Card button and proceed.
- Or you can download the free Indue DCT App from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app and follow the prompts.
- Or contact the Customer Service Centre on 1800 710 265.
- Start using your Cashless Debit Card in accordance with the Conditions of Use.
How can I check my Account Balance?
There are many ways you can find out how much money you have available in your Account, all of which are available 24 hours a day. These include:
- SMS Balance Enquiry. Text ‘BAL XXXX’ where XXXX is the last four digits of the card number from your registered mobile to 0488 112 114 and we will send you a SMS with the amount of money you have in your Account;
- Logging into your Online Account;
- Using the free Indue DCT App which is available free of charge from Google Play and the App Store;
- If your Cashless Debit Card has an eftpos logo, ATM Balance Enquiries can be obtained free of charge from participating ATMs. A list of participating ATMs is available at www.indue.com.au/dct/atms/; and
- Calling the Customer Service Centre on 1800 710 265 and following the prompts to hear your available balance.