The Australian fintech sector gathered in Ashurst’s Sydney offices on Wednesday 1 August to celebrate the 3rd Annual Australian Fintech Awards.
The firm hosted and sponsored the awards, which celebrated the achievements and successes of the people and businesses comprising the Australian fintech sector. The keynote speaker at the awards was The Hon. Scott Morrison MP, Treasurer, Federal Member of Cook.
Ashurst sponsored the major award of the evening, the Fintech Startup of the Year, which was awarded to Trade Ledger, the world’s first business lending platform that transforms digital data from supply chains in real time.
Ashurst partner Tim Brookes (Digital Economy) commented: “We are delighted to have hosted and sponsored the 3rd Annual Fintech Awards. The global financial sector is in a time of profound change fuelled by technological advances, and it was a pleasure to host Australia’s leading talent in the sector, many of whom are clients of the firm, to celebrate their success.”
Congratulations to all the winners of the 3rd Annual Australian Fintech Awards:
- Ashurst Fintech Startup of the Year: Trade Ledger
- Best Fintech Bank Collaboration of the Year: Look Who’s Charging
- Best Fintech Communications Campaign: XINJA
- Female Fintech Leader of the Year: Lucy Yueting Liu, co-founder and COO of Airwallex
- Fintech CTO/CIO of the Year: Jins Kaduthodil, co-founder and head of product at Incent Loyalty
- Fintech Innovation in Lending: Brighte
- Fintech Innovation in Payments: Afterpay
- Fintech Innovation in Wealth Management (Robo Advice): Raiz
- Fintech Leader of the Year: Katherine McConnell, CEO and founder of Brighte
- Insuretech Startup of the Year: Audeamus Risk
- Regtech Startup of the Year: Checkbox
Source: Australian Fintech 03/08/18